A busy single specialty medical group seeks a Group Practice Manager to provide overall and day-to-day administrative, financial, and operational guidance working with providers and support staff.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred Master’s with 5+ years in healthcare management)
Job Summary: Plan, organize, direct and manage clinic activities to achieve established goals and objectives. Develop and maintain a strong partnership with physician leadership. Actively support the organization’s mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives.
• Oversee the day-to-day activities of the clinic including, but not limited to: scheduling, billing, accounts receivable, contracting, credentialing, patient records, telecommunications, transcription, radiology, laboratory, and clinical services.
• Monitor the functioning of the clinics and revise operations as needed.
• Ensure that established policies, goals, and objectives are achieved and in compliance with practice P&P, national standards, and related local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
• Manage quality control processes regarding patient services and patient satisfaction.
• Help support newly hired providers. This includes but is not limited to credentialing, orientation/training, practice setup, and post-integration follow-up.
• Establish and maintain effective communications and working relationships with providers and physician leadership. Respond to physician concerns and provide appropriate solutions.
• Support development of practice budget. Ensure adherence to budgets. Review and recommend capital equipment and facilities requests.
• Develop and implement productivity action plans.
• Develop a business plan in conjunction with leadership team. Ensure the efficient implementation and evaluation of the business plan as needed.
• Provide effective leadership for development of a cohesive team. Select, train, coach, motivate, conduct performance evaluations and direct the workflow of staff. Develop goals and performance expectations of staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Public relations, problem-solving, human relations, and conflict resolution skills.
• Knowledge of medical practice management, practices, and tools utilized.
• Knowledge of federal and state requirements as it relates to medical insurance and Medicare/ Medicaid.
• Skill in budget management, compiling statistics, composing letters and reports.
• Skill in computer applications such as basic functionality of the computer, PC file and folder, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and presentation skills.
• Ability to read and interpret documents, contracts, proposals, and related legislation.
• Ability to prepare detailed reports and correspondence.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.